Posted by Jim Hoft on Monday, November 14, 2011, 7:36 PM
On Friday far left teacher-activist brought Celia Bard brought members of her “21st Century: Challenges and Choices” class down to the Occupy Denver squatters camp in downtown Denver. From there the teacher and her 17 year-old girls marched three blocksover to the Crowne Plaza Hotel to disrupt the BlogCon 2011 conservative conference. Ms. Bard said they were learning about “free speech” by joining protesters in violently disrupting the conference.
One protester was arrested by police and at least one incident of physical abuse was caught on tape.
Jeff Goldstein also filmed the 17 year-old girls cussing at conservative bloggers and telling the bloggers that this is what they learn at school.
The school costs $14,000 a year.
Today the Academy President Deirdre Cryor defended the radical teacher and the dangerous field trip on Friday. Sadly, President Cryor was less than honest about the events.
Channel 7 reported:
Bard and another teacher from St. Mary’s Academy in Denver took 10 students on a field trip Friday, explained Academy President Deirdre Cryor.
“We have a class called 21st Century Challenges and Choices,” said Cryor. “They’re studying the current world. They went on a field trip to see Occupy Denver.”
The students walked to Civic Center Park and interviewed police officers, then walked to a nearby hotel to observe Occupy Denver members, said Cryor.
That hotel was hosting a conference called BlogCon 11. There some Occupy Denver members got into a confrontation with some members of the blogging conference.
It was during that confrontation that cameras got turned on the students and their teacher.
In a video posted on YouTube, a woman is seen yelling and one of the students yells, “Yeah.”
At that point, someone off camera starts yelling at the girls and arguing with them about bloggers and what they do.
“The students are in class today talking what happened on Friday,” Cryor said Monday.
In one of the YouTube videos, Bard is asked if she is concerned about the students’ physical safety.
“We’re aware that we need to be safe,” said Bard. “We want them to see the democratic process in action.”
“They were never in harm’s way,” said Cryor. “They did nothing wrong. They were on a field trip, observing not demonstrating. They were learning, inquiring and taking notes.”
Just to be clear – There have been 7 deaths, over 3,000 arrests, several overdoses, sexual abuse, rapes, physical attacks and drug use. And, this is considered a safe place for school girls at St. Mary’s Academy? Outrageous.
- Occupy Denver protesters invade conservative conference, one man arrested (tancredoradio.wordpress.com)
- ‘Occupy’ Denver Punks Try to Crash Conservative Blogger Conference, and Got Owned (sfcmac.wordpress.com)
- WATCH: Nobel Laureate For Peace Stops By Occupy Denver (huffingtonpost.com)
- Cops Bring Out The Teargas At Occupy Denver, And It Sounds Like Mayhem (businessinsider.com)
- Dream date with VIDEO! Pamela and Jim Crash Obama Endorsed #OccupyDenver Hobo Camp (atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com)
- Occupy Denver being evicted: Please help monitor (wilderside.wordpress.com)
- Police Use Pepper Spray, Rubber Bullets on Occupy Denver Protesters Trying to Storm Capitol (tancredoradio.wordpress.com)
- #BlogCon 2011 To Be Protested by #OccupyDenver (nicedeb.wordpress.com)
- Occupy Denver Picks Their Leader: Shelby The Dog (outsidethebeltway.com)
- Police Clear Out Occupy Denver (my.firedoglake.com)